The National Weather Service predicts that the snow storm will last for 24-36 hours, impact the area today, Thursday, January 2nd through noon on Friday, January 3rd with expected accumulations of 8” to 10”. While the snowfall is not blockbuster, extreme frigid temperatures are expected, particularly tomorrow evening when temperatures could be below zero. Please take all necessary precautions during the storm to ensure the safety of you and your family. Remember your pets and keep them inside whenever possible.
While the extreme cold weather should keep the snow light and fluffy, if the snow becomes heavy and wet, there could be a potential for downed trees and wires which could result in power outages.
- To report a power outage and emergency to NGRid, call 1-800-465-1212. For non-emergencies, electric customers can contact NGrid Customer Service at 1.800.322.3223. Gas customers can call 1.800.640.1595. Outages can also be reported on-line at https://www1.nationalgridus.com/ReportorCheckOutage. Visit National Grid’s web site at https://www1.nationalgridus.com/PowerOutageMap to see up-to-date power outage maps.
- To report a cable outage, contact Charter at 1-888-438-2427 or visit Charter Communications’ Storm Center on-line at http://www.myaccount.charter.com/customers/support.aspx?supportarticleid=3238.
- If you need to contact the police department, fire department or DPW during the storm and it is not an emergency, call 508-832-7777. For emergency assistance, dial 911.
- If you lose power and use a generator, please remember to keep it outside, well away from your home or garage. For additional safety information, visit the Fire Department web site at www.auburnmassfire.org
- Fire Hydrants. There are 525 fire hydrants in Auburn. The Fire Department is asking residents to assist by keeping the fire hydrants near their homes clear of snow to facilitate access in an emergency.
CodeRED, the Town’s emergency notification system, will be used if needed to provide emergency updates as needed throughout the storm.
If you have not already done so, we urge you to sign up for CodeRED immediately.
Auburn residents and Auburn businesses may do so by logging onto the Town’s web site at www.auburnguide.com and clicking on the CodeRED logo.
While many land line numbers were entered into the system through CodeRED’s database, residents and businesses must register additional contact information such as cell phones, email addresses, and alternate telephone numbers such as relatives or place of work. Even if you think your land line is in the system, the only way to be sure that the correct phone number is listed is to go to the web site and physically enter your information.
Subscribers can enter as many phone numbers, both land line and cell phone, as well as email addresses, as they wish but note that you will have to enter the information on new forms if you submit more than 2 numbers at a time.
Please remember that community messages and National Weather Service weather warnings are optional. If you do not want to receive these non-emergency messages, do not check those boxes.