The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) is announcing there are bridge deck repairs scheduled for the I-395 southbound ramp from I-90. The repair work will require the ramp to be closed, and traffic to be detoured, beginning at 9 p.m., Tuesday, February 15, and until 5 a.m., Wednesday, February 16.
The detours are as follows:
- The I-90 ramp to I-395 southbound will be closed and traffic will be directed to follow the detour and use I-290 eastbound beginning at 9 p.m., Tuesday, February 15, until Wednesday at 5 a.m.
- I-395 southbound Exit 11 B off-ramp to Route 20 westbound will be closed and traffic will be directed to follow the detour and use Exit 11 A beginning at 9 p.m., Tuesday, February 15, until Wednesday at 5 a.m.
Advance warning signs will be used to notify drivers about the planned closures and provide updates.
Drivers who are traveling through the affected areas should expect delays, reduce speed, and use caution.
All scheduled work is weather dependent and subject to change without notice.
For information on traffic conditions travelers are encouraged to:
- Dial 511 before heading out onto the roadways and select a route to hear real-time conditions.
- Visit www.mass511.com, a website which provides real-time traffic and incident advisory information, access to traffic cameras, and allows users to subscribe to text and email alerts for traffic conditions.
- Follow MassDOT on Twitter @MassDOT to receive regular updates on road and traffic conditions.
- Download MassDOT’s GoTime mobile app and view real-time traffic conditions before setting out on the road.