The Auburn Historical Society has developed an internship program for high school and college students at the Auburn Historical Museum, 41 South Street in Auburn.
Projects interns will work on include:
- Categorizing and organizing historic photographs and documents to prepare for digitization
- Researching topics in the history of the Town of Auburn
- Data input for our Holstrom Digital Archives
- Assisting with creating and running public programs
- Learning and gaining hands-on experience in the creating, care, and maintenance of an historical museum’s exhibits and facilities
Each unpaid internship is tailored to the individual and their interests. It is a great opportunity for high school and college students, scouts, youth groups, and those looking to fulfill community service hours or to gain work experience.
For more information on this program, please contact Helen Poirier, internship coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Auburn Historical Society and Museum is open year-round every Tuesday and Saturday from 9:30am-12:30pm and offers free admission.