Fire at Major League Roast Beef stopped quickly

by | Dec 26, 2020

An electrical fire broke out at Major League Roast Beef at 503 Washington St., (Rt. 20) on Christmas night, and was quickly brought under control by Auburn firefighters preventing significant damage to the building.


Photo courtesy AFRD


According to a report from the Auburn Fire Rescue Department, at around 10pm a passerby called in a report of flames coming from the roof of the popular eatery, which was closed at the time.

In a prepared statement shared to social media, AFRD wrote, “Companies did an amazing job containing the fire to the roof structure and the fire was under control within minutes of arrival. The District 7 Regional Fire Investigation Unit (FIU) was called to the scene as well as the Towns Electrical Inspector and Board of Health. The FIU has determined the cause of the fire to be electrical. Damage was contained and the business will be re-open on Saturday.”