The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) is announcing that MassDOT’s contractor will be undertaking prefabricated bridge unit installation on the Plantation Street Bridge. This work will require the bridge to be closed from 8:00 p.m. on Wednesday, December 2 , until 5:00 a.m. on Thursday, December 3. Once the work is completed, the bridge will return to its one-way northbound configuration prior to the morning commute.
In the case of inclement weather, the operation and full closure will take place from 3:00 a.m. on Saturday, December 5 to 5:00 a.m. on Monday, December 7.
Detours are as follows:
Northbound Detour Route:
· Travel south on Plantation Street
· Take right on Franklin Street
· Take left on Grafton Street
· Exit traffic circle on Bigelow Davis Parkway/ Hamilton Street
· Take left on Lake Avenue
· Take left on Belmont Street (Route 9)
Southbound Detour Route:
· Take Belmont Street (Route 9) to Lake Avenue
· Take right on Lake Avenue
· Take right on Bigelow Davis Parkway/ Hamilton Street
· Take right on Plantation Street
Appropriate signage, law enforcement details, and advanced message boards will be in place to guide drivers through the work area.
Drivers who are traveling through the affected areas should expect delays, reduce speed, and use caution.
All scheduled work is weather dependent and/or may be impacted due to an emergency.
Information regarding the project can be found by visiting www.mass.gov/plantation-st-
For more information on traffic conditions, travelers are also encouraged to:
· Dial 511 and select a route to hear real-time conditions.
· Visit www.mass511.com, a website that provides real-time traffic and incident advisory information and allows users to subscribe to text and email alerts for traffic conditions.
· Follow MassDOT on Twitter @MassDOT to receive regular updates on road and traffic conditions.
· Download MassDOT’s GoTime mobile app and view real-time traffic conditions before setting out on the road.