The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) has announced several area ramp closures that could affect local travelers in the coming days.
The on-ramp to I-84 westbound from Route 20 westbound in Sturbridge will be closed to all traffic from 9 p.m., Sunday, October 28, through 12 p.m., Thursday, November 1.
This on-ramp closure is necessary to allow crews and contractors to safely and effectively carry out construction operations. During this time, all traffic seeking to access I-84 westbound at this location will be detoured for one mile along Route 20 westbound and may then reverse direction to Route 20 eastbound in order to enter onto I-84 westbound.
I-190 southbound Exit 1 (Route 12 Greendale) on-ramp will be closed from 7 p.m., Friday, October 26, through 6 a.m., Monday, November 5. This on-ramp closure will allow crews to safely and effectively conduct bridge repairs.
During this time, all traffic seeking to access I-190 southbound at this location will be detoured to the following route:
· West Boylston Terrace
· Gold Star Boulevard northbound
· Frontage Road northbound
· Ararat Street
· Frontage Road southbound
· I-190 southbound via the Exit 2 on-ramp
MassDOT encourages the public to be mindful of these impacts. Those traveling through the area should reduce speed and use caution. The schedule for this work is weather dependent and subject to change without notice.
For more information on traffic conditions, travelers are encouraged to:
· Dial 511 and select a route to hear real-time conditions.
· Visit www.mass511.com, a website which provides real-time traffic and incident advisory information and allows users to subscribe to text and email alerts for traffic conditions.
· Follow MassDOT on Twitter @MassDOT to receive regular updates on road and traffic conditions.
· Download MassDOT’s GoTime mobile app and view real-time traffic conditions before setting out on the road.