Here we go again…
Please note the following delays and cancellations:
• Auburn Public Schools are closed tomorrow, Monday, February 2nd.
• All programs and events at the Lorraine Gleick Nordgren Senior Center are cancelled tomorrow, Monday, February 2nd. Van Service is also cancelled tomorrow.
• All board and committee meetings scheduled for Town Hall and at the schools tomorrow, Monday, February 2nd are cancelled.
• The By-Law Review Committee Public Hearing scheduled for Monday, February 2nd is postponed to Tuesday, February 3rd at 7:15 PM at the Auburn High School.
• The Elementary School Re-Use Advisory Group scheduled for Monday, February 2nd at 6:00 PM at the Mary D. Stone School is cancelled.
• Allied/Republic has cancelled trash collection for customers tomorrow, Monday, February 2nd.
– All customers will be picked up one day later that regularly scheduled (similar to a Monday holiday schedule) so the operations will run from Tuesday, February 3rd to Saturday, February 7th.
– Those customers who had Tuesday pick-up that was cancelled last week on January 27th will be picked up this Wednesday, February, 4th. Those Tuesday customers will also have recycling picked up with their trash service on Wednesday, February 4th. The recycling pick up this Wednesday is for Tuesday customers only due to last week’s cancellation of Tuesday service. Allied/Republic has offered that for Tuesday customers only, because trash and recycling were postponed until this week, there will be no trash blue bag requirement for overflow trash. Thus, excess trash that does not fit into the trash toter can be placed in a regular trash bag next to the trash toter.
– All customers for the remainder of this week will be picked up one day later than regularly scheduled. Thus, Monday customers will be picked up on Tuesday; Tuesday customers will be picked up on Wednesday; Wednesday customers will be picked up on Thursday; Thursday customers will be picked up on Friday; and Friday customers will be picked up on Saturday, February 7th.
Decisions regarding closings or delays at Town Hall and the Library will be made very early tomorrow morning as the weather forecast is updated and the storm progresses.
Additional updates as needed will be posted on the Town’s web site, ACTV Channel 191, and the Town’s social media sites at Facebook and Twitter.
Public safety is our main priority. Please use extreme caution during the storm. We thank you for your cooperation.
The following important information is provided for residents and businesses:
• In anticipation of the heavy snow forecasted, residents are advised to clear snow from their roofs today. The Building Inspector has posted information on snow loads on the Town’s web site.
• Dial 911 for emergency calls only. Please direct all non-emergency calls to Auburn Dispatch at 508-832-7777.
• To report a power outage, gas leak, or downed wires call National Grid at 1-800-465-1212. Outages can also be reported on National Grid’s web site at https://www1.nationalgridus.com/OutageCentralHub
• For general questions, electric and gas customers of National Grid can call Customer Service at 1.800.322.3223.
• To report any service related issues related to Verizon or to receive alerts, customers can call 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966).
• Verizon’s Small Business customers can visit www.verizon.com/bizoutage. Medium business and enterprise customers should contact their regular customer service centers or account teams.
• NSTAR customers can report a service interruption by using NStar’s “Report an Outage” online tool or by calling 800-592-2000. Information about current outages is also available on NSTAR’s Outage Map at www.nstar.com.
• To report a cable outage, contact Charter Customer Service at 1-888-438-2427.
• During the storm, residents can tune into the Town’s AM Radio Channel 1610 for storm related updates.
• Updates will also be posted on the Town’s website at www.auburnguide.com, ACTV Channel 191, and the Town’s social media sites on Facebook and Twitter.
• If an emergency shelter must be activated due to widespread outages and demand for sheltering, information will be provided via CodeRED, the Town’s web site, ACTV Channel 191, Radio AM 1610, the Town’s social media sites at Facebook and Twitter, and other media outlets.
Please be reminded:
• Do not park vehicles on the streets during the storm as this impedes snow clearing operations and emergency vehicles. Vehicles parked in the roadway will be towed.
• Do not leave trash bins in the street as it will hamper DPW and emergency vehicles.
• If you have a fire hydrant in front of your property, please shovel it to keep it clear for emergencies.
• If you use a generator, remember to keep it outside, well away from your home or garage.