The sixth annual Dancing With the Stars; Auburn Edition is set for January 31 at6:30pm at Motorsports International, 444 Washington St., (Rt. 20), in Auburn.
There are till a limited number of tickets available for the event. There is a snow date scheduled for February 7, though it appears right now that the weather for Saturday Jan. 31 will cooperate.
Sally McDermott and her staff at Sally McDermott Dance Centers have been working diligently to turn this year’s group of amateurs into dancers, at least for one night. In addition to each couple’s performance, there is an opening number that will feature current and previous years’ participants. “This event would not happen without Sally McDermott” said AYFS Executive Director, Sally D’Arcangelo.
Tickets are $25.00/each and are on sale at Auburn Youth & Family Services, 21 Pheasant Court, Auburn, and can also be purchased online at: www.ayfs.org. Social hour will begin at 6:30 with performances immediately following. Free valet parking provided by Elite Parking Services of Northborough.
The complete roster of participating dancers is:
- Nate Atella- Mid-State Auto (dancing with Nadine Zona SMDC Dance Instructor)
- David Hall- Pastor St. Thomas Episcopal Church (dancing with Kat Damian SMDC Dance Instructor)
- Mike Hammond- President of Pop Warner Football (dancing with Michelle Duclos SMDC Dance Instructor)
- Rick Gaudreau- Thrifty Car Rental (dancing with Carrie Callahan SMDC Dance Instructor)
- Alicia O’Connell- Attorney (dancing with Ben Champagne- Arthur Murray Dance Studio Instructor)
- Pat Dufour- AHS teacher & football coach (dancing with Caitlin Foley SMDC Dance Instructor)
- Jessica Harrington- Auburn School Committee Member (Jarrod Clark –Arthur Murray Dance Studio Instructor)
- Glenn Johnson- Assistant Fire Chief (dancing with Sarah Nugent SMDC Dance Instructor)
- George Vranos- Auburn Police Officer (dancing with Kate Stanley SMDC Dance Instructor)
- Jeff LaBonte- LaBonte Consulting & Auburn Mass Daily.com (dancing with Megan Berg SMDC Dance Instructor)
The hilarious and lovable Joe Hurley will again emcee the evening. Judging the dancers will be prior year participants Corey Handfield, Stephen Coleman, Ralph Capaldi (2014 Gold Medal Winner with Nadine Zona) and Karen Mackintire.
Motorsports International, 444 Washington Street, will again host the event in their spacious showroom. At press time, Park ‘n Shop and Chuck’s were slated to provide appetizers, and several other restaurants are expected to join the event. This year’s major sponsors are Webster Five Savings Bank, Central One Federal Credit Union, Baystate Savings Bank and Harvard Pilgrim Health Plan.
There is also a silent auction held in conjunction with the dancing. Anyone wishing to donate for the auction/and or food should contact Sally D’Arcangelo at 508-832-5707 ext. 11