Pakachoag Church holds its third annual Gingerbread Party this Friday, November 21, from 6pm to 7:30pm. Visitors are invited to come build a gingerbread house or other creation. A number of kits will be provided, but guests are also welcome to bring their own candy, decorations, or gingerbread.
Entry is free with one gift item for Operation Christmas Child. Registration is required, and spots are limited to ensure we have enough supplies: Register at Eventbrite.
All visitors are asked to leave their creations for the 4th Annual Gingerbread Festival and Christmas Party, also held at Pakachoag Church on Friday, December 5. All are invited to an evening enjoying refreshments, live music, Mr. and Mrs. Claus, caroling, and of course all of the gingerbread creations.
203 Pakachoag St.
Auburn, MA 01501
Pakachoag will be assembling Christmas gift shoe boxes that will be delivered to underserved children around the world. Some gift ideas include:
- Toys: Include items that children will immediately embrace such as dolls, toy cars, stuffed animals, kazoos, harmonicas, yo-yos, jump ropes, balls, toys that light up and make noise (with extra batteries), etc.
- School Supplies: pens, pencils and sharpeners, crayons, markers, notebooks, paper, solar calculators, coloring and picture books, etc.
- Non-Liquid Hygiene Items: toothbrushes, bar soap, combs, washcloths, etc.
- Accessories: t-shirts, socks, hats, sunglasses, hair clips, jewelry, watches, flashlights (with extra batteries), etc.
- A Personal Note: You may enclose a note to the child and a photo of yourself or your family. If you include your name and address, the child may be able to write back.
- Do Not Include: Used or damaged items; war-related items such as toy guns, knives or military figures; chocolate or food; out-of-date candy; liquids or lotions; medications or vitamins; breakable items such as snow globes or glass containers; aerosol cans.