STURBRIDGE – The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) has announced that the on-ramp at Route 20 westbound Exit 3B in Sturbridge to I-84 will be closed to all traffic beginning Monday, July 30. This ramp closure is scheduled to be in place on Mondays through Thursdays for the next six weeks.
Specific closure dates are as follows:
• Monday, July 30 – Thursday, August 2
• Monday, August 6 – Thursday, August 9
• Monday, August 13 – Thursday, August 16
• Monday, August 20 – Thursday, August 23
• Monday, August 27 – Thursday, August 30
• Monday, September 3 – Thursday, September 6
This closure is necessary to complete bridge work on I-84. On these days, traffic will be detoured via Old Sturbridge Village Road in order to access I-84.
MassDOT encourages drivers to reduce speed and use caution, and allow for extra time throughout this area. All work is weather dependent and is subject to change without notice.
For more information on traffic conditions, travelers are encouraged to:
• Dial 511 and select a route to hear real-time conditions.
• Visit www.mass511.com, a website which provides real-time traffic and incident advisory information and allows users to subscribe to text and email alerts for traffic conditions.
• Follow MassDOT on Twitter @MassDOT to receive regular updates on road and traffic conditions.
• Download MassDOT’s GoTime mobile app and view real-time traffic conditions before setting out on the road.