Cultural Exchange Through Soccer (CETS) is holding its 12th Annual Worcester World Cup (WWC) this August 11-13th. The WWC is Worcester’s most diverse community-centered event with main stage display of soccer competition by Worcester’s most talented men and women. It is an affordable, family-friendly weekend where you will find our International Food Court and KidZone activities.
With soccer as a driving passion in countries around the world, this international soccer event is an event you won’t want to miss.
The event will take place at Commerce Bank Field at Foley Stadium, 305 Chandler St, Worcester, Mass.
This year’s lead sponsors of the Worcester World Cup are ReoTEMP Instruments, the Regional Environmental Council, and Immigration Attorney Randy Feldman.
During the past 12 years WWC has grown into more than just a soccer tournament, expanding into a full family oriented event;
● This year’s tournament will be held for two and a half-days
● The WWC hosts 19 Worcester immigrant-based teams, over 300 players, and hundreds of fans
● We will be having affordable authentic ethnic food from Mexico, Jamaica, Vietnam/China and Kenya.
● Past years’ teams have included Albania, Brazil, Colombixa, Ecuador, El Salvador, Ghana, Greece, Guatemala, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Kenya, Kosova, Liberia, Macedonia, Portugal, Senegal, Somalia, Togo, and USA
● Children’s Games, moonbounce, skill-building, family entertainment
● The WWC is run by a 20+ volunteer tournament organizing committee
The WWC is organized by Cultural Exchange Through Soccer a neighborhood-based soccer program at Elm Park Community School.