BOSTON – The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) has announced the following travel impacts on I-90 (the Massachusetts Turnpike) eastbound in the area of the Allston/Brighton Viaduct in order to safely allow for continued toll demolition and road reconstruction operations during off-peak weekend travel:
• Between 9 p.m. and 11 p.m., on Friday, April 7, I-90 eastbound in this area will be reduced to two lanes of travel
• Between 11 p.m. on Friday, April 7, and 8 a.m. on Saturday April 8, I-90 eastbound in this area will be reduced to one lane of travel.
• Between 8 a.m., and 2 p.m., on Saturday, April 8, I-90 eastbound in this area will then be reduced to two lanes of travel.
Drivers are encouraged to avoid the area and seek alternate routes to reach destinations. Those traveling through the area should expect delays, reduce speed, and use caution. Appropriate signage and messaging will be in place to guide drivers during these operations.
For more information on traffic conditions travelers are also encouraged to:
• Dial 511 and select a route to hear real-time conditions.
• Visit www.mass511.com, a website which provides real-time traffic and incident advisory information, and allows users to subscribe to text and email alerts for traffic conditions.
• Follow MassDOT on Twitter @MassDOT to receive regular updates on road and traffic conditions
• Download MassDOT’s GoTime mobile app and view real-time traffic conditions before setting out on the road.