The 2017 Dancing With the Stars of Auburn will take place on January 28, 2017 at Motorsports International, Rt. 20 in Auburn. This will be the 8th annual Dancing With the Stars, in what has become one of the most popular Auburn events of the year. It is also the largest fundraiser for Auburn Youth and Family Services, raising over $20,000 annually for the social services agency.
The AYFS Dancing With the Stars planning committee seeks out local personalities willing to throw caution to the wind and get a little crazy for a good cause. The participants are paired with dance instructors from Sally McDermott Dance Centers in Auburn and Charlton.
Each year, the show features a different theme. Last year, the theme was “Hometown Glory”. This year will be “Wish Upon a Star”, a Disney theme. The dancers work together to choreograph and perform their dance numbers.
This year’s contestants will be:
- Brett Jacobson~ Customer Service Rep. Masterman’s (Dancing with Heather Gough)
- Donovan Biron ~ Business Development Manager at Midstate Auto Group (Dancing with Michelle Duclos)
- Gary Cedrone ~ Branch Manager @ Bank of America and is very involved in Auburn Youth Sports (Dancing with Jessica Gleason)
- Mike Lavelle ~Assistant Principal of Swanson Road Intermediate School (Dancing with Megan Berg)
- Rick Nicholson ~ Auburn Firefighter (Dancing with Caitlin Foley)
- Lionel Berthiaume ~ Auburn Selectman (Dancing with Sally Heaney)
- Steve Brutus ~ Auburn High School Guidance Counselor (Dancing with Carrie Callahan)
- Ziad El-Nemr ~ Owner Route 20. Shell Gas Station (Dancing with Kat Damian)
- Chris Raymond ~ Auburn Police Officer (Dancing with Kate Stanley)
Judging this year’s competitors will be Jennifer Stanick, Matt Carlson, Erik Berg, and Elizabeth Johnson.
The hilarious and indefatigable Joe Hurley will once again emcee the event.
This year’s corporate sponsors are:
Gold – Webster Five
Silver – Savers Bank
Bronze – Everybody’s Fitness
Mid State Auto Group
Restaurant Sponsors include:
- Auburn Town Pizza
- Park N’ Shop
- 99 Restaurant
- Outback Steakhouse
- Heritage Coffee Shop
- Weepin’ Willies
- Major League Roast Beef and Wings
The show will be held on Saturday, January 28, 2017 with a snow date of Saturday, February 4, 2017. However, according to AYFS Executive Director, Sally D’Arcangelo, there will not be snow on January 28!
Motorsports International at 444 Washington St. (Rt. 20) is again graciously hosting the event, which outgrew its original home at Sally McDermott Dance Studio some years ago. Tickets are $25 and are on sale now by calling AYFS at (508) 832- 832-5707, ext. 10, or online .
Cocktail tables with standing room for 6 can be reserved in advance for an additional $30. Call (508) 832- 832-5707, ext. 10 to reserve.
Social Hour begins at 6:30pm, along with bidding on silent auction and raffle items. The performance will begin at about
There will be free valet parking provided by Valet Park of America.
In addition, the ever-popular Kids Night (a slightly toned-down version of the full DWTS performance) will be held on Friday, January 27, 2017 (Time to be announced). This year, Motorsports International has also agreed to host the kids night which, like the main event, has outgrown the dance studio across the street.