The Town of Auburn is seeking volunteers to serve on a range of boards and committees.
Town Manager Julie Jacobson e-mailed a letter to Auburn residents who have registered for e-mail updates describing the application and appointment process. You can access the entire letter here: cover for application.
The current list of openings:
- Central MA Regional Planning Committee – 1 Vacancy
- Conservation Commission – 2 Vacancies
- Council on Aging – 1 Vacancy
- Cultural Council – 1 Vacancy
- Economic Development Committee – 1 Vacancy
- Historical Commission – 2 Vacancies
- Parks, Recreation and Cemetery Committee – 2 Vacancies
- Youth Commission – 2 Vacancies
- By-Law Review Committee – 1 Vacancy
- Wind Turbine and Alternative Energy Committee – 1 Vacancy
- Municipal Scholarship Committee – 1 Vacancy
- Open Space Committee – 3 Vacancies
- Finance Committee – 1 Vacancy Precinct 2
- Finance Committee – 1 Vacancy Precinct 4
All applicants for a board, commission or committee must fill out an application. If you would like to be considered as an appointed volunteer, you may fill out an application on-line by clicking on the following link:
Or, you can print the application, sign and return the completed form to the Town Manager’s Office. Please attach a resume or description of your background, experience, education, or other relevant information that may be helpful to us when considering your application for appointment.
You may mail, email or fax the completed form to:
Town Manager’s Office
102 Central Street
Auburn, MA 01501
Fax: (508) 832- 6145
When vacancies occur on a particular board, commission, or committee, the appointing authority will typically review the applications on file and may interview the candidates. Applications will be kept on file for a period of one year. After one year, a new application must be submitted for consideration.