Featuring the music of Schumann, Franck, Ravel, Bartok and Arutunian
Come warm your toes as Pakachoag faculty heat up the great hall with music. We’re featuring strings and winds playing both favorites and lesser performed pieces, including an unusual composition by Franck for Organ and Piano. Additional featured instruments include: Cello, Violin, Trumpet, Flugelhorn, and Flute.
Scott will play Trumpet and Flugelhorn at the recital. One of seven featured performers on the recital, Scott has played on Broadway and with the Albany Symphony Orchestra. Scott is currently a Doctor of Musical Arts candidate at Stony Brook University, studying with American Brass Quintet Member Kevin Cobb. He is a native of Northboro, Massachusetts.
Participating faculty include:
- Elizabeth Bronstein, Cello with Debby Sedgwick, Piano; playing Schumann Fantasy Pieces;
- Scott Daugherty, Trumpet and Flugelhorn with Vladimir Odinokikh, Piano; playing Ravel and Arutunian;
- Alice Daugherty(Jung-Yi Hsieh), Flute with Vladimir Odinokikh, Piano; playing Bartok;
- William Ness performing on the Dobson Pipe Organ.
- William and Vladimir playing an Organ/Piano duo by Franck; and
- Debby Sedgwick, Piano; playing Ravel
When: Saturday, February 1, 2014
Time: 2:00 p.m.
Place: The Great Hall at Pakachoag
203 Pakachoag Street
Auburn, MA 01501
Free. Donations gratefully accepted.
For more information about the performers and Pakachoag Music School of Greater Worcester, visit www.pakmusic.org or call 508.791.8159.