Photo courtesy AFRD


 

An overnight fire destroyed an Auburn home on Washington St. early Saturday. At 12:07 AM the Auburn Fire Rescue Department received a 911 call from a resident at 3 Washington Street lot 45 reporting a mobile home was on fire at lot 68. The resident of lot 68 escaped the fire and went across the street to lot 45 to call 911.

 


Photo courtesy AFRD


Fire crews upon arrival of 3 Washington Street lot 68 found the fire venting through the windows and impinging on a propane tank. Worcester Fire also received the call since the location is on the Auburn Worcester line and responded. Auburn Fire Rescue Department and Worcester Fire extinguished the fire.

Auburn Fire Rescue’s Deputy Chief Glenn Johnson said the fire went to 2 alarms and there were no injuries to civilians or firefighters. The fire is under investigation but does not appear to be suspicious.