Boston – Friday, June 30, 2017 – The Baker-Polito Administration’s Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV) announced today that beginning on Monday, July 3, the RMV will standardize its hours of operation in Service Centers across the Commonwealth.
The Registry is changing its hours of operation after having analyzed data on the key time frames in which customers frequently conduct their business at RMV Service Centers. The Registry identified that the majority of customers choose to conduct their business from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The new hours will provide a more consistent delivery of service and enhanced support for customers visiting Service Centers to complete registry transactions.
• RMV General Business Hours will change to Monday through Friday, from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
RMV Suspension Hearings
• Registry Suspension Hearings will be available for customers from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., at RMV Service Centers in Boston, Braintree, Fall River, Lawrence, Springfield, Wilmington, and Worcester.
• The RMV Pittsfield Service Center will conduct Suspension Hearings on Wednesdays only, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• The RMV South Yarmouth Service Center will conduct Suspension Hearings on Mondays and Tuesdays only, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• Road Tests will be scheduled from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
• The RMV Service Centers in Attleboro, Martha’s Vineyard and North Adams will be open weekdays from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; and will be closed daily from noon to 1:00 p.m.
o Please note: The Attleboro RMV Service Center’s new mid-day closure is a change from current operating hours.
• The RMV Service Centers in Natick and Nantucket will be open weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.; and will be closed daily from noon to 1:00 p.m.
• The Haverhill Service Center will continue to be open weekdays from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
For more Service Center information, visit www.MassRMV.com; and for the latest Registry updates, follow the RMV on Twitter @MassRMV.