BOSTON – The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) has announced that beginning on Wednesday July 5, at 10 p.m., and continuing several nights this week, crews and contractors will be carrying out construction operations during the off-peak, overnight hours on I-90 (the Massachusetts Turnpike), which will require ramp closures at Interchange 13 in Natick/Framingham.
All lanes east and westbound on I-90 will remain open during these overnight operations that are part of the ongoing project to reconstruct I-90 at the former toll plaza locations which were removed last fall.
The full list of scheduled ramp operations and traffic impacts is as follows:
• Between 10:00 p.m., Wednesday, July 5, and 5:00 a.m., Thursday, July 6, the I-90 westbound and eastbound on-ramps at Exit 13 will be closed. Traffic looking to access I-90 westbound and eastbound at this location will be directed to follow the signed detour routes in place.
• Between 10:00 p.m., Thursday, July 6 and 5:00 a.m. Friday, July 7, the I-90 westbound and eastbound on and off-ramps at Exit 13 will be closed. Traffic looking to access and exit I-90 westbound and eastbound at this location will be directed to follow the signed detour routes in place.
• Between 10:00 p.m., Friday, July 7 and Saturday, July 8 at 5:00 a.m. the I-90 eastbound on and off-ramps at Exit 13 will be closed. Traffic looking to exit and access I-90 eastbound at this location will be directed to follow the signed detour routes in place.
MassDOT encourages travelers to seek alternate routes and be mindful of possible delays, allow extra time to reach their destinations, and devote their full attention to the roadway when traveling through these work zones. Appropriate signage will be in place to guide travelers to the detour routes during these times.
All scheduled work is weather dependent and subject to change without notice.
For more information on traffic conditions travelers are also encouraged to:
• Dial 511 before heading out onto the roadways and select a route to hear real-time conditions.
• Visit www.mass511.com, which provides real-time traffic and incident advisory information, access to traffic cameras, and allows users to subscribe to text and email alerts for traffic conditions.
• Follow MassDOT on Twitter @MassDOT to receive regular updates on road and traffic conditions.
• Download MassDOT’s GoTime mobile app and view real-time traffic conditions before setting out on the road.