BOSTON – The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) has announced a schedule of 12 public meetings in locations across the state to present and discuss the draft MassDOT Five-Year Capital Investment Plan (CIP) Update. Public input received at the meetings from May 15 to May 24 will be considered before the CIP is finalized.
MassDOT’s strategic Capital Investment Plan uses state and federal money to fund transportation investments across Massachusetts. These include all MassDOT highway and municipal projects, regional airports, rail and transit projects including the Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority (MBTA) and Regional Transit Authorities as well as the MassDOT Registry of Motor Vehicles (RMV). Updated annually, the CIP uses a combination of public and stakeholder input with both objective and comparative evaluation of projects to select programs that will be funded over the next five fiscal years. The draft being finalized now concerns Fiscal Years 2018 through 2022.
MassDOT has already received more than 1,100 public comments through its online tool, emails and letters. Many comments have been incorporated into the CIP draft. The public meetings, which begin May 15, seek to increase public input before the final CIP is presented to the MassDOT Board of Directors in June. The schedule for these meetings is as follows:
• Barnstable Monday, May 15, 6 p.m., Hyannis Transportation Center
• Brockton Monday, May 15, 6:30 p.m., Arnone School Cafeteria
• Leominster Tuesday, May 16, 6:30 p.m., Leominster City Hall
• Springfield Tuesday, May 16, 6:30 p.m., Springfield City Hall
• Worcester Wednesday, May 17, 6:30 p.m., Union Station, 2nd Floor
• Lawrence Thursday, May 18, 6 p.m., Lawrence Public Library, 51 Lawrence Street
• Greenfield Monday, May 22, 5:30 p.m., City Hall Council Chamber, 70 Allen Street
• Boston Monday, May 22, 6:30 p.m., BCYF Leahy-Holloran Community Center, 1 Worrell Street, Dorchester
• Lenox Tuesday, May 23, 6:30 p.m., MassDOT District 1 Headquarters
• Salem Tuesday, May 23, 6:30 p.m., Salem City Hall Annex
• Marlborough Wednesday, May 24, 6:30 p.m., Marlborough Senior Center
• Dartmouth Wednesday, May 24, 6:30 p.m., UMass Dartmouth Law School, Moot Courtroom
For more information on the CIP, please visit http://www.mass.gov/massdot/cip.