- Auburn Public Schools, Bay Path Regional, all Municipal offices (except the DPW which will be out working their tails off) will all be closed Tuesday.
- Trash collection will not happen Tuesday, and will be delayed by one day for the rest of the week.
A statement from Town Manager Julie Jacobson and Emergency Management Director, Mark Maas.
The National Weather Service predicts that Massachusetts will experience a severe storm beginning early tomorrow morning, Tuesday, March 14th into late Tuesday evening or early Wednesday morning, March 15th. Snowfall in the Central and Western Massachusetts regions could result in accumulations of 18” to 24” with drifts of several feet, damaging winds, and poor visibility. A winter storm warning is in effect from 5:00 AM to 1:00 PM tomorrow, March 14th. A blizzard watch is in effect from 1:00 PM to 8:00 PM tomorrow, March 14th.
In anticipation of this major snow storm, Town of Auburn officials have developed a storm preparedness plan. Please note the following cancellations:
• Town Hall, the Library and the Lorraine Gleick Nordgren Senior Center will be closed all day tomorrow, March 14th. All town events, programs, activities and meetings scheduled for tomorrow are cancelled.
• Auburn Public Schools are closed tomorrow, March 14th.
• The Senior Center has cancelled van service, all programs and lunch for tomorrow, March 14th.
• Republic will not be collecting solid waste tomorrow, Tuesday, March 14th, 2017. All solid waste pickups for the remainder of the week will be delayed by one day (i.e. Tuesday’s regular pickup will now be on Wednesday; and Wednesday’s regular pickup will now be on Thursday, and so on for the rest of the week).
The following important information is provided for residents and businesses:
During the storm:
• Dial 911 for emergency calls only. Please direct all non-emergency calls to Auburn Dispatch at 508-832-7777.
• To report a power outage, gas leak, or downed wires call National Grid at 1-800-465-1212. Outages can also be reported on National Grid’s web site at https://www1.nationalgridus.com/OutageCentralHub
• For general questions, electric and gas customers of National Grid can call Customer Service at 1.800.322.3223.
• To report any service related issues related to Verizon or to receive alerts, customers can call 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966).
• Verizon’s Small Business customers can visit www.verizon.com/bizoutage. Medium business and enterprise customers should contact their regular customer service centers or account teams.
• NSTAR customers can report a service interruption by using NStar’s “Report an Outage” online tool or by calling 800-592-2000. Information about current outages is also available on NSTAR’s Outage Map at www.nstar.com.
• To report a cable outage, contact Charter Customer Service at 1-888-438-2427.
• Updates will also be posted on the Town’s website at www.auburnguide.com, ACTV Channel 191, and the Town’s social media sites on Facebook and Twitter.
Please be reminded:
• Do not park vehicles on the streets during the storm as this impedes snow clearing operations and emergency vehicles. Vehicles parked in the roadway will be towed.
• Do not leave trash bins in the street as it will hamper DPW and emergency vehicles.
• If you have a fire hydrant in front of your property, please shovel it to keep it clear for emergencies.
• Plan to have enough non-perishables, water, medicine, flashlights and batteries on hand should the power go out for an extended period.
• If you use a generator, remember to keep it outside, well away from your home or garage.