The Auburn Police Department will again be holding a Citizens Police Academy. Most of this program will be held at the Auburn Police Station one night a week for 3 hours, with the possibility of one Saturday morning class. The objective of this program is to allow the citizens of Auburn to learn about and experience the workings of their police department.
The Academy class is scheduled for: Wednesday evenings 6 PM to 9 PM. March 1st to April 26th, 2017.
This program will cover a variety of topics to include patrol work, our detective bureau, legal issues, the opiate epidemic, crime prevention, use of force, community services, SWAT, K9, etc. Each student will have the opportunity to participate in a ride-along with an officer on patrol. Rules, regulations, and dress code will be addressed at the first meeting. There will be a hands-on exercise every class, the chance to be certified in CPR, and a firearms licensing class.
We understand that circumstances may require an absence however missing excessive classes may result in dismissal. Any requirement of participation may be waived or modified upon review and approval of the Chief of Police.
Interested applicants must meet the following qualifications:
• Resident of Auburn for at least one year, minimum age of 18.
• No felony convictions in any state, no misdemeanor convictions within one year of application, not on probation or parole.
• Be willing to submit to a background investigation to include a criminal record check and driver’s history check.
• Consideration will be given to applicants who work in Auburn but do not live in Auburn.
• An open mind and positive attitude. We require the same from our participating officers.
Questions can be directed to Sergeant Daniel Lamoreaux, Daniel.Lamoreaux@auburnmasspolice.org 508-832-7777
Applications can be picked up at the Auburn Police Station or downloaded from www.auburnmasspolice.org, and returned to the Auburn Police Department 416 Oxford Street North, Auburn, MA 01501.