Boston – The Massachusetts Department of Transportation (MassDOT) has announced a traffic pattern shift along I-90 (the Massachusetts Turnpike) at Interchange 19 in Allston/Brighton beginning in the evening hours of Wednesday, December 14. This shift will allow for Stage 3 construction operations as part of the toll demolition and road reconstruction process along I-90.
These activities were scheduled to take place in 2017 but due to the work of MassDOT crews and contractors and favorable work conditions, these shifts are being implemented months ahead of schedule at this location.
Beginning at 9:30 p.m. on Wednesday, December 14, the following will take place:
• Crews will begin shifting traffic on I-90 eastbound at Interchange 19 into the Stage 3 configuration.
• Crews will finalize this traffic shift by Thursday, December 15, at 5:00 a.m.
• During this time, crews will be removing pavement markings, installing new markings and realigning barrier.
• The new pattern will move this traffic to the outer limits of the existing toll plaza.
• This traffic pattern will be maintained through spring 2017.
These operations are weather dependent and subject to change.
Travelers are encouraged to devote their full attention to driving through construction zones. They should minimize distractions, put away their cellphones, always wear their seatbelts, and utilize MassDOT’s many travel resources in order to make informed decisions regarding their travel plans.
MassDOT appreciates the patience of the traveling public as we begin to realize the benefits of All Electronic Tolling including reduced congestion, increased safety, and fewer greenhouse gas emissions.