Boston, MA – [October 4, 2016] – Simon Malls and Simon Premium Outlets in New England today announced the second year of a national engagement with Susan G. Komen®, pledging to donate $1 million each year for the next two years to support the fight against breast cancer*. More than 180 participating Simon Malls, The Mills® and Simon Premium Outlets® nationwide will encourage employees, retailers and shoppers to make a bigger, bolder impact in the fight against breast cancer by participating in Simon-sponsored activities throughout the month of October.
“Based on the success we experienced with the 2015 campaign, Simon is pleased to be increasing our pledge of support to Susan G. Komen in 2016,” said Krystal Zell, Senior Vice President of Field Marketing for Simon. “Through the More Than Pink movement, we are throwing our support behind Komen’s Bold Goal of reducing current breast cancer deaths in the U.S. by 50 percent in the next ten years.”
“We are delighted to see our partnership with the dedicated people at Simon grow stronger,” said Dr. Judy Salerno, Komen President and CEO. “Simon’s commitment to our More Than Pink movement helps move us closer to our mission and achieving our Bold Goal. The support of Simon and their customers will help us fund research, provide support to women, men and families suffering from breast cancer and play a key role in bringing our mission to people in communities across the country.”
Visitors to Simon Malls and Simon Premium Outlets will notice the pink theme carried throughout the centers with features such as pink-lit entrances, pink flowers on display, and more. Staff will also honor National Breast Cancer Awareness Month by donning pink accessories. Other planned activities that vary property by property include:
– Discount Card Program: $10 Discount Cards will be sold at select centers, providing 15% or 25% off one item at participating retailers. Participating Properties include: Burlington Mall, Cape Cod Mall, Crystal Mall, Emerald Square Mall, Lee Premium Outlets, Merrimack Premium Outlets, Northshore Mall, Pheasant Lane Mall, Solomon Pond Mall, South Shore Plaza, The Mall at Rockingham Park, The Mall of New Hampshire, and Wrentham Village Premium Outlets. A $5 Discount Card will be available at select locations, including Square One Mall and The Mall at Fox Run locally. To see a list of participating retailers per each participating property, visit the Simon Mall or Simon Premium Outlets’ websites. All proceeds from the sale of Discount Cards go to Susan G. Komen.
– More Than Pink Hero Wall: An opportunity for survivors and their families to visually articulate their strength during their fight with breast cancer. Shoppers may purchase a sticker for a $1 donation and post the sticker on the More Than Pink Hero Wall. All proceeds go to Susan G. Komen.
– Hero Photo Opportunity: An ‘I Am More Than Pink’ backdrop will be used as a photo selfie station during the month of October. All will be encouraged to use the hashtag #morethanpink.
– Local Programming: Simon Malls and Simon Premium Outlets will work with local breast cancer awareness organizations and hospitals to provide health information and answer questions on-site, host pink-themed arts & crafts, fashion events, entertainment, beauty and fashion makeovers, retailer offerings, and more – all topped off with pink décor throughout the properties!
– Surprise and Delight: Simon properties will surprise randomly selected shoppers with ‘More Than Pink’ treats as they shop to generate awareness of Simon’s national engagement with Susan G. Komen.
– More Than Pink Breast Cancer Survivor Parking Spaces: Select centers will offer a number of dedicated “pink” parking spots for Breast Cancer Survivors to use while shopping throughout the month of October. These spots are located for convenience and easy accessibility for a more enjoyable shopping experience.
For more details about Simon Malls and Simon Premium Outlets’ activities see below, and visit the Simon Mall and Simon Premium Outlets website and Facebook pages for more details and updates.
In October 2015, Simon nearly doubled its goal of raising $250,000, donating more than $470,000 to Susan G. Komen, all generated through the support and participation of shoppers, retailers and employees.
*From October 1, 2016 to September 30, 2018, Simon is proud to support Susan G. Komen® and, with the help of generous individuals like you, will guarantee a contribution of at least $1,000,000 for each year of the program in connection with its various fundraising initiatives, including its discount card program, promotion of Komen’s Race for the Cure®, and promotion of Komen’s Do-It-Yourself fundraising platform.
Simon Malls + Simon Premium Outlets in New England include:
385 Southbridge Street
Auburn, MA 01501
More Than Pink Breast Cancer Survivor Parking Spaces – October 1st – October 31st:
There will be eight dedicated (pink) parking spots for Breast Cancer Survivors to use while shopping throughout the month of October, located on both the East and West parking decks, for convenience and easy accessibility.