STURBRIDGE, MA…Woman in Business, Inc., a 501c(3) that supports women by fostering networking, sharing information and experiences, and providing educational opportunities, will be hosting a Business Expo showcasing local businesses on Wednesday, May 11 at Old Sturbridge Village, from 5-8pm.
The Business Expo offers a social but productive venue for local businesses to promote their company, network with other business representatives, exchange information and share employment opportunities with potential job seekers. The evening will showcase over 25 local businesses, and is expected to attract 200-300 business professionals and locals seeking employment and looking for new business resources.
In addition to information exhibits from local area businesses, the evening will feature:
• A silent auction to raise money for scholarships to benefit students graduating from local regional schools, featuring such items as autographed sports memorabilia, antiques, and baskets of cheer;
• Antique appraisals by Peter Yankovich. Peter is the Founder of New England Inventory & Appraisal Services with over 30-years experience, and holds an SPA designation-Senior Professional Appraiser, from the National Association of Professional Appraisers (NAPA) Boston, MA. Members of the community are welcome to bring in their treasures to find out what they are worth (Peter will not appraise coins, jewelry, stamps or firearms). $10 per item/up to 3 items (all appraisals are oral);
• A presentation by Rita Schiano, a well-known speaker and founder of Live a Flourishing Life, entitled, “Resilience: The Key to Retirement Well-Being,” sponsored by Ameriprise Financial Services, Inc. of Sturbridge;
• Free mini Chair Massages from Heels Therapeutic Bodywork to rejuvenate cramped muscles;
• Demonstrations by the staff at the Old Sturbridge Village Tin Shop on how to create tin-ware with tools that were used during the 19th century;
• Harrington HealthCare System will be offering free Sun Damage screening with skin cancer education;
• 50/50 raffle, entertainment, appetizers, a cash bar, and so much more!
Admission is free; however, those who make a donation will be entered into a raffle to win $100 worth of scratch tickets.
*A few tables are still available for companies and individuals interested in participating in or sponsoring this new networking opportunity and showcasing their business. To register online go to at www.wibsturbridge.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The cost to rent a table is $75 for WIB Members and $100 for Non-Members. *Vendors are allowed to sell products, (alcohol is excluded); food vendors must obtain and display appropriate permits.
Woman in Business, Inc. (WIB) represents primarily women in the workforce in the south central MA area, women (and men) are welcome to join the organization, regardless of their employment status or residence. WIB holds monthly luncheon programs, workshops, seminars, and other learning and networking opportunities throughout the year. For additional information visit www.wibsturbridge.org.