A deck fire at 9 Jay St., was quickly knocked down by the Auburn Fire Rescue Department Sunday night.

According to Auburn Fire Rescue’s Assistant Chief Glenn Johnson, at 10:14 P.M. on Sunday, the AFRD received a call from a resident of 9 Jay St. for a reported patio fire.  Engine 3, the first arriving engine company, reported a deck fire in the rear of the structure.  “The fire was reported by the resident at 9 Jay Street, who dialed 911.” stated Johnson in release. “The fire was quickly extinguished with minimal extension into the basement.  An outdoor fire pit on the deck was determined to be the cause of the fire.” According to the most recent Assessor’s records, the property is owned by Eric Polson.

According to officials, the fire has been ruled accidental and there were no injuries at the scene.  All companies were clear of the scene at 11:45 P.M.

According to fire officials, there was minimal extension of the fire into the basement of the home. (Photo courtesy AFRD)

According to fire officials, there was minimal extension of the fire into the basement of the home. (Photo courtesy AFRD)