In what is becoming a Monday morning fixture, here are the latest updates and notifications from the Town of Auburn due to the latest round of snowfall.
Auburn Public Schools are closed Monday.
In anticipation of the storm, Allied/Republic has cancelled trash and recycling collection for customers tomorrow, Monday, February 9th.
– All customers will be picked up one day later that regularly scheduled (similar to a Monday holiday schedule).
– Thus, Monday customers will be picked up on Tuesday, February 10th; Tuesday customers will be picked up on Wednesday, February 11th; Wednesday customers will be picked up on Thursday, February 12th; Thursday customers will be picked up on Friday, February 13th; and Friday customers will be picked up on Saturday, February 14th.
Do not park vehicles on the streets during the storm as this impedes snow clearing operations and emergency vehicles. Vehicles parked in the roadway will be towed.
If you have a fire hydrant in front of your property, please shovel it to keep it clear for emergencies.
We will keep you informed about any additional cancellations of delays as the storm progresses. Additional updates will be posted on the Town’s web site, ACTV Channel 191, and the Town’s social media sites at Facebook and Twitter.
If you must drive during the storm, please use extreme caution. Thank you.
The following important information is provided for residents and businesses:
- To report a power outage, gas leak, or downed wires call National Grid at 1-800-465-1212. Outages can also be reported on National Grid’s web site at https://www1.nationalgridus.com/OutageCentralHub
- For general questions, electric and gas customers of National Grid can call Customer Service at 1.800.322.3223.
- To report any service related issues related to Verizon or to receive alerts, customers can call 1-800-VERIZON (1-800-837-4966).
- Verizon’s Small Business customers can visit www.verizon.com/bizoutage. Medium business and enterprise customers should contact their regular customer service centers or account teams.
- NSTAR customers can report a service interruption by using NStar’s “Report an Outage” online tool or by calling 800-592-2000. Information about current outages is also available on NSTAR’s Outage Map at www.nstar.com.
- To report a cable outage, contact Charter Customer Service at 1-888-438-2427.
- During the storm, residents can tune into the Town’s AM Radio Channel 1610 for storm related updates.
- Updates will also be posted on the Town’s website at www.auburnguide.com, ACTV Channel 191, and the Town’s social media sites on Facebook and Twitter.