U.S. Representative Jim McGovern to Attend Town of Auburn Civil War Remembrance Event
U.S. Rep. Jim McGovern will join local and state officials, including State Representative Paul Frost, to acknowledge the sacrifices of the Town of Auburn’s Civil War soldiers at a Civil War Remembrance Event on Thursday, May 15th at 12:30 p.m.
This event is open to the public.
• U.S. Rep. Jim McGovern
• State Representative Paul Frost
• Guy Morin, a Civil War interpreter dressed in period costume, to provide a history of the Civil War
• The Chester P. Tuttle Post Color Guard
• Auburn Middle School Band
• The Auburn Middle School 7th grade class (about 200 students)
• Local historian and resident Ken Ethier will present a brief history of Auburn Civil War soldiers and show the students some of the Civil War grave sites near the monument
WHEN: Thursday, May 15th at 12:30 p.m.
WHERE: Civil War Monument in Hillside Cemetery